Sunday, January 31, 2010

Please Stand By!

New Alaskan Adventure Begins

Although my blogs are written and viewed from computers, I really don't care much for the new technologies. Just a personal thing. However, I do keep a Facebook page, and as a result I was recently reacquainted with an old friend.

I attended Diver's Institute of Technology on the Ballard Ship Canal in Seattle in 1982. In 1983 I worked for American Oilfield Divers, Broussard, LA.


Jap Commercial Helmet at DIT, Sep 1982.

One of my classmates and fellow workers was Donald Tice. He left the Gulf sometime in 1983. I hadn't talked to him or seen him since that time. Sometime around the first of January, 2010, I got a friend request from Tice on Facebook. Of course I accepted.

DIT Class 108-82. Tice is top left. I am bottom left.

What I didn't know was that Tice was planning a hunting trip for 2010. This is not just a pickup truck and case of beer hunting trip. It is 1000 miles and about 30 days running down a river (we will disclose the location later). Hunting, Fishing and Photography along the way. We hope to make a DVD or two from the raw footage, and possibly a book.

Caribou, moose, bears and wolves will be the hunted species.

There is a lot of planning left, but the framework revolves around flying in to the boat on 1 September and flying back to Anchorage on 1 October.

I will post developments as the trip approaches.

Please Stand By!

Don Tice's airboat with a 454 Corvette engine.

I guess some technology is good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story and how fun to find a friend and a Great Adventure ahead. I love you. Your partner in life.

R. Gabe Davis said...

Dad Gum, I can't wait and I'm not even going. Good Luck and good hunting your pal the Envirocapitalist.